The DivaCup is a reusable, bell-shaped menstrual cup that is worn internally and sits low in the vaginal canal, collecting rather than absorbing your menstrual flow. Menstrual cups have existed since the 1930s when women were searching for an alternative to the choices of the time. Yet, its breakthrough into the feminine hygiene industry is much more recent.
The DivaCup Features:
- 12 hour leak-free protection!
- Made from the highest quality healthcare grade silicone to assure comfort and durability.
- Does not contain any of the following: latex, plastic, PVC, acrylic, acrylate, BPA, phthalate, elastomer, polyethylene, and free of colors and dyes.
- Reusable and eco-friendly – no waste, no chemicals.
- Features extra grip ridges for easier removal.
- Cleared for marketing by the US FDA, Australian TGA, COFEPRIS and the first reusable menstrual cup approved for sale in Canada by Health Canada.
- Diva International Inc. was the first ISO 13485:2003certified menstrual cup manufacturer and head office.
- First menstrual cup to receive MDSAP (Medical Device Single Audit Program) certification.
The DivaCup is available in two sizes, Model 1 and Model 2. Your cup size is stamped on the inside rim of the cup. There is a small difference between the two sizes (Model 1 is 1/8" (~0.3 cm) smaller), but it is important to use the recommended sizing to prevent leakage.
Model 1: Recommended for women under the age of 30 who have never delivered vaginally or by caesarean section.
Model 2: Recommended for women age 30 and over and/or for women who have delivered vaginally or by caesarean section.
There is not a big difference between the two sizes (Model 1 is 1/8" (~0.3 cm) smaller), but it is important to use the recommended sizing to prevent leakage. We recommend Model 2 if you are 30 years old or older even if you have not had vaginal childbirth or a c-section because as we age, our hips naturally widen and the vaginal muscles lose elasticity. Because the vaginal muscles hold The DivaCup in place, it is important to use Model 2 if you are over 30, even if you have not had children.
Please note: if you find tampons and routine pelvic/vaginal exams to be uncomfortable, it may be best to first consult with your health care provider as the Model 1 cup may be right for you. Our model sizes are recommended, but since women come in all shapes and sizes, it is difficult to determine the vaginal size.